I celebrated my recent success yesterday: I bought clothes... I have a new pair of skinny trousers now....
We drove to a big town near by and did some shopping. My BF is awfully good on sitting in womans shops, watching me choose stuff, trying it on and getting me different sizes. Afterwards we had some sushi and went to a rock concert (a band he likes, I bought the tickets for him at our anniversary). It was a nice day, really, and when we went to bed he told me that he loves me....
Wow, what a relief. The last few days, if I told him that, he didn´t even answer... and I still don´t know why...yeah, I didn´t dare to ask.... I am a chicken....
I think it´s the household-theme... He´s really frustrated that I am not cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, getting the grocery shopping done and so on. Well, I have to admit two things:
1. I am lazy in this department, and I don´t care much.
2. I am working double the time he is, I think it´s fair for him to do a bigger part of that, simply because he´s got much more time on his hands...
And I know, I am a female macho....
And deep inside, every man thinks that doing the household is a women´s job. They feel weak if they do. So does he....
And because I don´t care and I am tired in the evenings, I had to make myself a plan (like: Laundry on tuesdays, ironing on wednesdays) and during the last 2 months I was not sticking to it because I was working 11 hours a day, 24h shifts, and was learning in the remaining time. I didn´t even go to the gym, remember?
But stress and time are very subjective things:
Most people feel stressed, most people say that they don´t have much time for anything. So does he. Sometimes I get angry, sometimes I am smiling, but I can never understand how he can get stressed even a little. The latest time he ever gets home from work is 4 pm, once a week. Mine is the next morning.....
:-)
he´s got three months of vacation....
:-)
Anyhow, if he feels bad because of that I try to change. I try to clean up and decorate and cook as much as I can. And I will do that further on. Here are some resolutions:
I will not become his mother (meaning he still has to do stuff)
I will try to stick to my weekly schedule
I will regard this as time working out thus burning some extra cals.
I will not listen to his bitter remarks (like: I am her butler, didn´t you know that?)
I will not let him get me down (like cleaning up for 2 hours and getting a "You never do anything" 5 minutes later)
And I will try to find some time for myself (like doing yoga, reading, bathtub and so on)
Amen.
Food-wise, I am a slut.
I did not have much sushi yesterday, but I had a special starbucks x-mas thing, there was cream on it, damn it. and I had some sparkling wine.
Today is the family thing again, and I feel like: The day is already ruined, let´s have some cake. Maybe I will do that. This freakin cake is sitting in our kitchen for 3 days now, and I didn´t have a bite yet, but one day I will fall for it... Today would be the best day..... Don´t know yet....
Tomorrow I will step on THE SCALE and will fall off, I guess, and return to restriction. Working week as usual, no fancy dinner things planned until today, and maybe some time for the gym again?
Tomorrow morning will make me cry, I know it.... I reached my fist goal weight for one blissfull day....I can do it again, right?
12/13/2009
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Yes you can do it again!! The whole division of labor thing is an age old issue with couples. the only thing I can say is if you act as a team and if you both want to do for each other then you should be ok. A lot of guys won't sit in the store while us women shop. That's pretty cool!!
AntwortenLöschenAAAH I can't even begin to tell you how much I identify with all of this... boys are so FRUSTRATING. They totally know that they are doing something wrong, and that it bothers you, and that it would be easy for them to change - then they just don't.
AntwortenLöschenYou definitely have more of a right to be stressed, you pull some really crazy hours. My impression of stress though is that its just like a gas - no matter how little there is, it always fills up the space. I have never met a single person in my entire life who was over 12 years old and not stressed. Some people get stressed to go to the store. Some people get stressed after their third 24 hour shift - its just your tolerance is shifted. If it takes the crazy schedules you work to stress you out that is quite an accomplishment!
ok rambling comment. But thanks for the post!