11/17/2009

Plateau

On sunday I promised myself to get better and not care about the numbers on the scale.
I cannot follow this, I really can´t.
This is not like a plateau, it´s a whole flat planet. Nothing is moving in any direction, right now. One day, I see a nice number on the scale, the next day it´s getting up, the following day it´s getting up, and at the end I reach my starting point.
Like today.
I never had something like this before. It´s so frustrating, it really is. On the plus side, my health is really returning to me, letting me plan for a nice workout on saturday or even friday after work.

What can I do to break through the plateau? I don´t think that re-feeding is the answer, I did not restrict enough for that, I guess. So maybe I should lower the cal intake for the next few days and re-feed after the workout at the end of the week? Meaning no more coffee with milk during the day, herbal tea, and little dinners at home? Maybe it´s possible without the bf noticing. And I think I should lower the amount of broth... I really love this stuff, it´s salty taste gives my stomach the feeling of complete meal, but maybe this is retaining too much fluids? By the way, too much salt a day is definitively not healthy.

Today I overslept making the start of the day really bad, and I needed all the coffee I could get. But I had a cup of broth, not more, and the dinner will hopefully stay under 500 cals. But I could smell fresh bread in the house, maybe the bf thought about a carb-loaded meal...
:-(

I really need strenght right now not to screw it all up and just eat the contents of the fridge. Who would care, anyway, the scale will be up tomorrow for sure....

3 Kommentare:

  1. I was reading and trying to think with what you say you eat, why you might be not losing - the salty stuff really might be it. Maybe low sodium broth for a bit, see if it changes anything? or you could always make it fresh yourself, I've heard of quite a few recipes.

    good luck, and glad you're feeling better!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey -

    Thanks for the comment (and um.. good luck at reading my blogs! I talk A LOT) I am confused - why would you stop drinking coffee and teas? Are you increasing your calorie intake to break the plateau, or decreasing? Because coffee and tea have like no calories. I am confused.

    I do agree with Ginger that it could be the sodium. But you could also do salt water flushes which help out, I've heard.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hmm..

    Ok, well from a personal trainer/nutritionist (oh the irony, I know) stand point and not from an ED point of view:

    You could potentially do a refeed where for Sun-Fri let's say you are restricting (calories about 900 every day). Keep your carbs in the am/mid afternoon-- try to have protein at every meal. Eat about 5 small meals every 3-4 hours. Then on Saturday, you could do a 'cheat meal' where you would still eat just as healthy as you did Sun-Fri but your last meal is whatever you want. Then Sun-Fri resume back to eating clean/healthy/restricted. There would be a slight gain on that Sunday and a few days after, BUT that gain should be gone by mid week and you should be lighter by the end of the week. This will shock your metabolism and does help break 'flat planets' :P

    If you want, I can get into more detail to help you out-- Funny thing is, I have gotten clients to drop fat/weight extremely quickly for competitions yet I can't follow this myself :| Lol..

    Anyway, I hope you feel better :( and hang in there!!!

    qp~

    AntwortenLöschen