Maybe we all try to solve the food-issues from the wrong end of the line of possibilities. In many blogs including my own we notice how much time a day we spent doing calculations, making plans, weigh ourselves and the food we have to eat, and make calculations again. We suffer, we have headaches, we can´t sleep right.
What if would try to see it from a different angle?
Yesterday, I was so angry with myself because I wanted to use chocolate and co. for coping mechanisms. But beautiful and caring "Quite peculiar" gave me an important hint:
If I know my coping mechanisms, I can deal with them.
Girl, you are so right! Thank you so much! :0)
When a similar situation occured today, I didn´t even think about chocolate. In fact, there was chocolate lying around with no one to guard it, I could have taken some pieces without anyone noticing it.....
But I did not!!!
I looked at it, I thought: Hm, chocolate with nuts in it, my favourite....Hm....no, thanks.
And it took me many hours to realize this! It came to me a few minutes ago! I forgot about it!
Well, here´s my idea:
If I stop regarding restriction as something hard, as something extraordinary, as something I have to do, maybe it could get easier.
What if I start telling myself: I am restricting. Every day. There have to be special days and special occasions when I am not restricting, but at every other ordinary day: I am restricting.
Period.
This is part of my life.
This is part of me.
Like going to work nearly every day.
Like getting up in the morning.
Like putting on make-up before leaving the house.
Like brushing my teeth.
It is just the way it is.
Maybe this could work... Maybe this could make a difference.
I will try it. I will make it my mantra:
I am restricition, restriction is a part of me. I am restriction, restriction is a part of me.
By the way, the day went pretty well, my calorie calculation program says the following:
Morning latte 100
Coffee and broth 25
corn 53
tomatoes 4
cheese (yeah, I know...) 60
bread 180 (very bad....carbs.....damn it.....)
420 cals today
THE SCALE went up this morning, I have no clue why, but I did pretty well the last few days, so eventually it will get down again. This morning, I was at 124,8.
I hope I can reach my first goal weight next week, and I am hoping for some more until x-mas.
I am restricition, restriction is a part of me. I am restriction, restriction is a part of me.
Oh, by the way: The dinner invitation on friday has been cancelled (not by me...)!!!!
11/25/2009
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Hmm!! I like your Mantra :D I think the best way to deal with anything is in a positive contstructive manner and your mantra is definitely optimistic :) I'm glad I could help!! :DD
AntwortenLöschenI love your,
"Like putting on make-up before leaving the house.
Like brushing my teeth."
Lol~~ I "LIKE" doing those too... :P
I think I'm going to have to adopt a lot of your mantras.. lol :)
Good to hear your party got cancelled!! (Isn't funny how most people look forward to these?!) :D
I'm sure your scale will go down and you will down again :)))
I hope you're having and awesome day :)))
---
Also, thank you for your comment! I thought about it and you're really right..!! That was one perspective that didn't cross either (mine or O's) mind.. We talked about it today and realized we were being kind of mean.. lol :(
So I thank you for that :)
A lot of time people only eat because they expect to. Might not even be hungry but just accustomed to doing it at a certain time. What if you didn't expect to eat? Similar line of thought. I have a going out event that includes food that I kind of wish would get cancelled!!
AntwortenLöschenHey - thanks for the comment. Restricting - by the way - is more of a self challenge, a game against myself. I like games.. I can be somewhat competitive with myself (how silly does that sound?!) Hope that helps?
AntwortenLöschenAbout the honey fast.. I plan on posting my progress and thoughts and all of that during teh time I am fasting.. so hopefully that will answer your question :D
Thank you so much for your comment! It's good to know that I'm not the only one that is/that has feeeling/felt like this.. It's really weird.
AntwortenLöschenI am still on medication for my bipolar but never had this experience.. It's really bizarre.
But thank you again! It's really comforting to know this is something that does happen and I'm not just crazy... <33
Happy thanksgiving :)))
qp~