I did it to running today.
Imagine this:
I just started running, I felt like crap because of the tight trousers and my big butt moving up and down with every step, and suddenly:
There was a BUS driving down the street, you know, public transportation, and all of the people sitting in there could see me.... trying to jog.....my butt.....
Bad.....
Anyway, I ran some time and I did not feel like dying today. Maybe it will get better every day... I got a new online coach, one for beginners, and now I don´t feel like shit every day like the week before. The training program I had last week was for people already running some miles per week... And I am not that bad.....
After running, I did some yoga to get lean and strong muscles, I don´t know is this is working, but I don´t want to be one of those women who have legs like men....
So, the day was not that bad, especially when reminded of the 24h shift I had yesterday.... I am a workout machine...
:-)
We had a family dinner tonight, and the BF was making fun of me together with some relative of his (cousin). I know, men need this some time, but it hurted me.
You know, those remarks about losing all freedom the minute you get married, about not being able to have a happy life because there is THE WIFE controlling everything... I am used to this, but in the end they made fun of me because I want to get married in a real church. I never felt like a Christian, but in the last few months I realized that it means a lot to me to say these words in front of God and a whole lot of people. There is no place to make fun there... They were laughing, and joking, and I felt bad. I guessed that this would be a problem related to my personality, to me, actually. But when I decided to go home my future sister in law took me aside and said:
Don´t worry about the crap they are saying, that´s totally mean.
I said: I am hurt.
She said: I can understand that. Just don´t care.
I hugged her.
I was so relieved that someone else at the table found these things totally mean and misplaced. I am not alone, I am not weird and strange.
There were bad things said by them, and it did not hurt me alone.
I know, this is sad, but I am so glad I am not alone for once.
I really like her. I am glad she will be a part of my family soon.
Oh, by the way:
I did really good food-wise. I peeled potatoed for everyone, ran around getting stuff missing on the table, helped my future mother-in-law, and in the end I did not have much food altogether. This is the perfect way to get through family dinners: helping out.
1. Everybody likes you, because you help.
2. No time for food.
Hope THE SCALE will reward me tomorrow. I will try wedding dresses, I absolutely have to be perfect for the wedding. At least, I will be perfect on the outside.
3/19/2010
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Great job on not over eating at a family dinner. That is HUGE!!! You say you always have such a problem with it but not this time. Your fitness level is probably going up as you keep exercising. I admire you for doing all that exercising. AMAZING!! Oh, and as for the church wedding. If that means something to you then that's how it should be. YOU are the one getting married. Do it the way you want and don't worry about those others.
AntwortenLöschen