2/10/2010

Parallel universe

Still sitting at work, at 10pm, still no sight of sleep or even lying down... And I am restless, wandering around the building, avoiding people, thinking too much...

Last night, it came to me:
We are reducing everything: Food, weight, cal intake, social life, point of view, and in the end, we are reducing ourselves. Our self esteem.
Look at this:
We got doctors and office leaders, people working in education, in art, mothers, housewives, writers and painters.
And all we talk and think about is food, cals, weight, reduction, reduction, reduction.

In a parallel universe, we would be heroins.
Imagine we could give all the food we don´t eat to people in need. Imagine we could start a project for the third world. It would be perfect:
We had doctors to take care of others, artists and writers to make commercials and campaigns, office workers to arrange transports and money issues. And we could say: Yes, we are thin and beautiful, and that´s why we can give it all to those in need.

I could give about 1000 cals a day to a hungry person. I could give 30000 cals a month.

And we would appear on the news and in talkshows, and we would not have to hide in our kitchens and bathrooms, we would not have to roam the grocery stores in late hours, because we would have a commitment.

And we could be proud of ourselves.
There would be no reduction in self esteem.

In a parallel universe...

You see, working 24h makes me sad and lonely and thinking too much.

By the way, I did good today. I had lots of coffee and water and soup, no solid food, around 400 cals today.
Next week will be off from work, having time to hang lose and spend some time with the BF. I am really looking forward to this, but food-wise, it will be bad, I know it. He always makes me eat...There will be a dinner at the place we want to have the wedding at, as a test, there are lots of invitations to parties and brunches and so on....It will be fun, but it will not be fun at the same time.

See? We are reducing ourselves....

2 Kommentare:

  1. This post was beautiful..

    I don't really know what to say, except that maybe when we finally reach our goal weight, this obsession with becoming thin will stop?

    By then we only have to maintain, and hopefully we'll be able to break out of this. The fear of ballooning again will still be there, but I suppose it's a much more manageable anxiety than having to deal with the frustration of pushing the numbers down down down all the time.

    *hugs*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Interesting post. If only we could give our extra calories away to people who are starving. We would be doing what we do anyways except others would benefit.

    AntwortenLöschen