THE SCALE rewarded me for not eating yesterday, makes me want more (or less) of that.
I went to the grocery store this morning to get breakfast for some very nice ladies.
A few days ago, I accidentally left my favourite bracelets in my working clothes and gave them away for washing. They are worth like nothing, but to me they mean the world. After I realized the loss of them, it was as if a part of my childhood just died inside me. I had them for many, many years. I called the laundry service, they told me that there would be no chance for them getting found.
I had to live without them for 8 hours, but a very nice lady in the laundry service found them by chance, and sinde my name is printed on my working clothes, she could send them back to me.
Strange thing, how those tiny little silver bands can fill your heart with pleasure and childlike joy.
So I brought them breakfast today, to share some of the happiness. I am still looking at my right arm once in a while, smiling, and remembering the loss I almost had. Happiness is a fragile precious thing, at least for me.
Getting to the grocery store in the morning is a different issue. The smell in there of warm and fresh bread, cake, biscuits and so on... They had tiny pizzas there, vegetarian ones, with loads of cheese.... You know this internal struggle, when one part of your soul tells you that it would be OK to eat something in the morning, the day will be long and strenious...and the other part, reminding you of THE SCALE, the digits never getting low enough...and the smell, sticking to your clothes. You just know how good these things would taste. And you know the cals in every little thing by heart.
I did not get breakfast, but the laundry lady did.
I will not eat until the BF is making dinner.
Coffee, broth, chewing gum...
This is getting boring, but boredom does not allow extra thoughts, extra whishes and the following struggle.
Boredom is the new satisfaction.
2/04/2010
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

This is a beautiful post.
AntwortenLöschen